View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpthk View Post
Did you have the problem that has scratch caused by dirt and dust mentioned by CrimsonRequiem?
I have not had any problems thus far...but then I only use my laptop at home...and maybe different environments have different dust & dirt compositions.

I'm not saying that it's not a good idea to remove the case every now & then to clean out dirt that may accumulate underneath the case...I just haven't seen much of a buildup thus far in my situation.

I have also not removed my Speck case since I installed it...and that's probably been 2-3 months...and I have no plans on removing it & cleaning things anytime soon.

As far as this statement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpthk View Post
The aluminum is extremely strong. I don't think you could scratch it with your nail. I remember once in the apple store, one of their agent showed it to me of how strong it is. I also tried it too, We even use a pen's plastic body to scratch it really hard( I mean it), still unable to scratch it with mark.
We may be talking about some different situations here. There are the older MacBooks/MacBook Pros that have the older style aluminum case/enclosure...and then there's the newer "Unibody" design.

I'm pretty sure with my older MacBook Pro...that I could pretty easily scratch or dent the Aluminum housing (maybe even with my finger nail, but I'm certainly NOT going to try it! )...which is the very reason why I purchased & installed the Speck case in the first place. The newer "Unibody" designed MacBooks may be tougher to scratch.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks