View Single Post
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Absolutely, but it's when and how you are going to use it. If you are just creating a web graphic, then Photoshop is more than sufficient, you can control kerning, leading, character width, etc etc all in Photoshop... Now if I was going to go get something printed using a nice big press, then no way would I use Photoshop. Photoshop does do vector now also fyi

So if it's web stuff then I don't agree with you, but if it's for print then I definitely agree and I guess it comes down to what the guy is needing it for. if it's an online comic book, then by all means use Photoshop for it all, otherwise if you are going to get it printed on a Heidelberg (sp?) then do it in a desktop publishing app.

Sorry I took graphics design in college, learned offset printing and have worked with both print and the web since 1995 plus all the tools, Photoshop, Pagemaker, Quark, Illustrator, Freehand, etc etc since that time also. Just a little background on myself to show that I have a bit of experience
QUOTE Thanks