Member Since: May 20, 2008
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5
09-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by tomavery
Oh no, we've gone back to my friend the little X. I've tried coconut and it closes every time. Perhaps it doesn't like snow leopard?
No...I already checked on that. Coconut Battery is compatible with Snow Leopard.
I think that we are getting into a difficult part of figuring this out. Meaning we might be talking spending some money.
If your battery is dead or defective in some way...we can keep trying things all day long with no success. Also...if something hardware-wise with your laptop is broken or defective in some way...then again...nothing we try will help.
What I would suggest is:
- buy a new battery (more expensive)
- buy a used battery cheaply somewhere (less expensive)
- or if you happen to know someone with a MacBook that uses the same battery...mabe you could pop it into your computer to see if it helps.
If a "good" battery doesn't help...then we know that it is not battery related...and it then may be something related to the laptop hardware.
- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery