View Single Post
cjcoops

cjcoops will become famous soon enough

I have 2 possible solutions for you.....

My printer/scanner/copier was usb'd to my desktop XP PC, and then have XP laptop and now a new Macbook Pro ... and a time capsule.

Could and did setup the time capsule as the print server - connect printer to time capsule and install Bonjour to the windows pc's and very quickly and easily had a working networked printer (without need for any desktop PC to be running to use the printer). However, scanners don't work over network like this so..... took a step back to use it connected to desktop as before - which is what you're trying to do.... So :-

First one to try:-
MacBook Hacker: Printing from the MacBook to a Canon MP 800 over an XP Network

Note to use not the actual printer driver, but a 'Guten' print driver.... give this option a try. Looks like many found happiness with this... but not me, sadly. Will try it again... but was not too upset as i'd already found this other gem :-

How to Use a Printer Attached to a Windows XP Computer in Mac OS X

This is a bit more longwinded, but not 'difficult' and WORKS..... was surprised. But for sure, if the first one abpve is giving trouble then just do this second option to get a prunter working - and you cna go back to the more 'elegant' way later.

Don't you love how Apple hid the advanced option in the printers window?

Coops
QUOTE Thanks