View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekim View Post
Hello, I don't mean for my very first post to be a argument post, or to be portrayed as "that guy" but it is VERY possible to boot from an external drive whether hard drive, cd drive, what have you. All you need to do is change your boot sequence in BIOS, and it will run fine.
Aside from not having a BIOS, I never said that it is not possible to boot from a hard drive, cd drive, what have you.

I clearly affirmed that you can boot OS X from an external drive.

I stated you could not boot Windows from an external drive due to a limitation of Windows itself.

While there may be hacks/haxies you can find out there on the vast interwebz to do this, it is neither easy to implement, nor does it work for everyone.

Not only that, it would also be outside any discussion allowed here, since we abide by U.S. law including the EULAs of the software developers and agreed to when you install their software.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Last edited by bobtomay; 09-24-2009 at 12:24 PM.
QUOTE Thanks