View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeman89 View Post
I left a message about the mac mini because I honestly do not expect to win the ebay mac, people always bid more in the final hours.

I was also thinking about this one (No stealing it from me ) Apple PowerMac G4 1.25GHz w/1GM RAM and combo drive - eBay (item 160364028327 end time Sep-27-09 14:00:37 PDT)
Like you mentioned above...there's really no sense in getting excited about an e-Bay auction until the last hour...or even the last 5 minutes of an auction due to last minute bidding.

The auction you posted above for the PowerMac G4 1.25...has more than 5 days left in it...and I can almost guarantee that it will sell for close to $200 or more. The power supply in it is worth at least $100.

Basically...you can almost forget about getting any "great" deals on e-Bay! There are just too many other bidders out there with more money to spend. Sure...occasionally you will get lucky.

The best way to get a great deal on a computer is to shop locally...and this may primarily be Craig's List....but also Thrift Stores, newspaper classifieds, garage sales, and maybe even a "flea market".

Good luck,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks