03-12-2005, 08:01 AM
If you use a LaCie drive don't use PatchBurn. If you are using one of the drives below (taken from the page linked to) then burning from Apple apps is officialy suported by LaCie and OS X. Go to http://www.lacie.com/support/drivers/index.htm
and choose optical.
PatchBurn may or may not work, but why do a hack when it is supported by the manufacturer?
The LaCie DiscRecording installer will add LaCie drive support (see below) to burning applications that use the DiscRecording framework. This includes but is not limited to, the Finder, iTunes, iPhoto, Backup, Disk Utility and DVD Studio Pro.
* d2 and Porsche DL DVD±RW (16x) based on NEC ND-3520A
* d2 and Porsche CD-RW 52x32x52 based on Lite-On SOHR-5238S
* d2 and Porsche DL DVD±RW (16x) based on Pioneer DVR-108
* d2 and Porsche DL DVD±RW (16x) based on NEC ND-3500AG
* Porsche Slim DL DVD±RW (8x) based on NEC ND-6500A
* d2 and Porsche CD-RW 52x32x52 based on HL-DT-STCD-RW GCE-8526B
* d2 DL DVD±RW (8x) based on NEC ND-2510A
* Porsche DVD±RW (8x) based on Lite-On SOHW-812S
* d2 DVD MULTI Drive based on Matsu****a (Panasonic) SW-9572
* Porsche Slim DVD±RW (4x) based on Pioneer DVR-K13 Porsche Slim DVD±RW (4x) based on NEC ND-5500A
* d2 COMBO based on Lite-On COMBO SOHC-5232K
* Pocket and Porsche Slim DVD±RW (2x) based on Pioneer DVR-K12D
* Pocket DVD-RW (2x) based on Pioneer DVR-K11D
* d2 and Porsche DVD±RW (4x) based on NEC ND-1300A
* d2 DVD±RW (8x) based on NEC ND-2500A
* d2 DVD±RW (8x) based on Pioneer DVR-107D