View Single Post
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic9t9 View Post
So you were a windows "poweruser" and you are whining about 1:06 bootup...........LOL you gained almost 20 seconds what were you thinking was going to happen??? Maybe you should spray some NOS in it to speed it up!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic9t9 View Post
It takes my PC laptop 3-7 minutes to bootup Maybe you should go back to PC to remind yourself
Did you seriously have to say that? There isn't a productive point (or word for that matter) in those posts.

What have you installed so far? It is very possible that services and other processes are being loaded during the boot which could slow down your machines boot time. The RAM probably didn't help with the boot time much but the SSD should have increased the boot time considerably from what I've read.

Also, are you running Leopard (10.5) or Snow Leopard (10.6)? If you're unsure (both look very similar), go to  > About This Mac. What does it say under "Mac OS X"?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks