View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

It does not.

It only initially checks to see if it can connect to the gmail servers with the user name and password you have entered. Once it does that and you click continue, whether it has connected or not, you have the option on the very next screen to choose POP from the drop down menu during the account set up.

If you choose not to change it during setup and just continue clicking continue buttons, then yes, it does auto setup gmail as an IMAP account which is probably the preferred setting for over 90% of it's users.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks