Member Since: Sep 05, 2008
Location: Guildford, near London, UK
Mac Specs: MacBook4,1 2.4Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 160GB HD OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard | iPod Touch 16gb 2G
08-30-2009, 04:16 PM
If you have your own windows versions, then it would be best to start over. Buy the mac box set and then do the following:
- Go into Boot Camp Assistant in the utilities folder which is located in Applications, and remove the windows partition.
- Shut down your computer and insert the snow leopard disk.
- Boot up your computer whilst holding the option key.
- Select the Snow Leopard disk when presented with options to boot from.
- Follow the instructions to install OS X.
Don't forget to backup any data that you want that is on the computer, before doing this.
Doing a clean install will make the computer boot up as if it was new.
You can then go into the boot camp assistant again and partition the disk and install windows.
Hope this helps.