View Single Post
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbohn View Post
It would be helpful to see the structure above what Finder shows, i.e. what you can see from the terminal. I'd like to understand the relationship between the full structure and what Finder shows. TIA
That may be a little more then he might be prepared to grasp as more folders will show under terminal then in finder by default as the default prefs make system and special folders hidden from the end user (ie: Volumes, bin, cores, sbin, etc.) Since the OP is already having some difficulty wrapping his head around the basic file structure shown in Finder - having him look at terminal to see a bunch of extra folders might throw him for a loop.

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks