09-15-2003, 11:48 PM
I just purchased a Pioneer DVR-105 internal drive to install in my Powermac G4(Gigabit Ethernet) as a "supposed" Superdrive upgrade . I've read about a firmware update from Pioneer, but that the firmware update is only available to PCs. I do have access to a PC. I was going to install it first in the Mac to see how it works, and then put it in my PC to get the firmware updates if deemed necessary. My questions are:
1. Has anyone on this forum done the "Superdrive Upgrade" with either the Pioneer DVR-104(A04) or Pioneer DVR-105(A05)?
2. Does this upgrade truly work in a Mac as a Superdrive with all the functionability of a standard Superdrive?
3. Does the Pioneer DVR-105 truly work with iLife's iDVD(latest version)?
4. Does anyone know anything about the "Pioneer firmware update" as to whether or not the Mac will need it?
5. I have a dual boot system with two hard drives, one running OS 9.2.2 the other running OS 10.2.6. Are there any know issues that I need to know about either OS when istalling the Pioneer DVR-105?
Any information is more than welcome....including any website links with advice.
Good Ole Bwinches