View Single Post
StarDrifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplejustWorks
In my experience with Apple Displays(23" Cinema HD, 17" iMac G5, 12" iBook) although I do agree that PC's appear brighter at first, in the end, the are relatively equal in brightness. In addition, I found all of Apple Displays to have FAR superior viewing angle than their PC Competitors.

And hey, even if the displays weren't ">=" what good does a better screen do for you on such an ugly OS?
I can't say how much/if OSX is better since I've never used it (hope it's not too difficult doing the transition from windows to mac) but I've personally never had a problem with WinXP Pro. Though I admit it is a magnet for spyware/adware, but I've always had virus checkers and firewall/adware programs turned on so I haven't had a problem with attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplejustWorks
though I do agree that PC's appear brighter at first, in the end, the are relatively equal in brightness.
Please explain further what you mean.

I just hope I don't regret it if I go with the powerbook decision. A friend of mine bought a PC notebook a year ago (no x-brite screen though) and complains about lack of brightness and viewing angle and prefers to use his desktop more often.

Must admit though that the powerbooks look like a professional a well-put together package. Unlike some PC notebooks that look like it's just been stashed together.
QUOTE Thanks