View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Unless you are familiar with Linux (which I'm guessing you're not since you are here) or you like being frustrated to the point of throwing your computer out a window, take it back to the clerk and get your money. There is no Linux driver for the USB card. I've only seen one report of someone making it work in Linux and he has not posted a how to. So far the drivers are only available for certain PCI cards. They are getting sound out of the card, but no 5.1 support for it yet and half the other features don't work either. The volume control is one of the things that hasn't worked on several Linux distro's.

I suggest getting a card that has native drivers for OS X.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks