View Single Post
prushik

prushik is on a distinguished road

I got the X11R7.0 sources and everything is there, I compiled everything up to libX11 (all dependencies satisfied). When I try to build libX11, builds a program called "makekeys", I can't figure out what its for, but it gets used in the build process, it does something to a source file, something to do with key codes. makekeys gets built, but when it trys to run it, it dies with a floating point exception. I remember when I cross-compiled I had a similar problem because it built makekeys for my target instead of my build system, so my build system couldn't run it. I fixed it by first compiling xlib for my build system and then moving the file over to my target source tree. That won't work since I can't build it for Darwin or cross-compile for Darwin, but maybe I can think of something, like finding a good output file from a working makekeys or something, I don't know, probably won't work. I think the problem may be that its still trying to use xproto from X11R7.4 instead of R7.0, I think the header that it modifies is from xproto. I'll work on it some more and see what I can come up with.
From what I have read, HFS+ is a very bad and problematic filesystem, causing many compilation errors in many different programs. That may be why xfree86 wouldn't build and it was why pkgsrc faild. If I can't get this to work I'll consider switching to UFS. That would mean starting from scratch, but really the only thing I don't want to lose is a good gcc-4.1 build.
QUOTE Thanks