View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

The charging wires inside the devices themselves have moved from firewire to usb in the iPhone, iPod Touch (I think from Gen 2) and the new Nano. Yes, even when plugging the older models into the usb port on your computer. Well, not actually moved, the older models all charged on either the firewire or usb pins and so they will still work on the chargers for the newer devices.

You'll either need to replace your chargers and any older speakers with built in iPod docks or get an adapter. Apple has not come out with an adapter, but one company has come to the rescue - Scoche. Their adapter fits into any of the iPod universal docks and will let you charge the new devices on your old equipment.

Amazon carries it - link.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks