Thread: OSX Problems
View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor View Post
Maybe I didn't make myself clear, this is exactly the process I went through:

1 Bought second hand macbook with Leopard preinstalled. Came with Tiger install disks.

2. Got blue screen and went through a whole rigmarole of fixing it. Eventually just zeroed out the HD and a local mac re-seler put Leopard back on it, I had to pay 60 euro and he didn't let me keep the disks.

3. A few days and restarts later got the blue screen again. Logged on to the CLI and backed up my data. Went through some other processes to no avail.

And that's where I am now, Can you advise me further on trobleshooting options?

I have verified the disk and all the hardware with no errors!
At this point, you have two options. You can install Tiger from the discs you have, or purchase Leopard and install that.

The person who sold you the machine had no right to do so with Leopard installed on it and not including the disc. Essentially the license was never transferred to you. And secondly, the reseller had no right to install Leopard on your machine without selling it to you. If you want Leopard, you're going to need to purchase a retail copy of it.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks