View Single Post
GT500Shlby

 
Member Since: May 20, 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3
GT500Shlby is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MBP, 2.6Ghz C2D, 4GB, 160GB SSD.

GT500Shlby is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbrinkman View Post
it seemed like a lighter, grayer smoke.
That's incomplete combustion, usually from energized components overheating without the presence of enough heat or oxygen to completely ignite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbrinkman View Post
The magsafe, though, was completely engulfed. There were green flames coming off of it.
That's either the copper burning or one of the methylethylbadstuff plastics. But usually, when copper overheats it gases copper sulfate - which will burn green.

"I don't want to get off on a rant here, but..." - Dennis Miller
QUOTE Thanks