View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbrinkman View Post
Tonight I went to bed around 12 as usual but I woke up around 1:30 smelling burning plastic. Turns out my MacBook Pro was on fire. Smoke was pouring out the seam between the unibody and bottom enclosure. I actually burned my hand pretty badly ripping the adapter out. Oh man. This is reallllly scary because what if I didn't wake up? It could of burned my house down.

I guess I'm going to the Apple Store first thing in the morning. I don't know what they'll do. What do you guys think??
The first thing they're going to do is determine if it was the fault of the electronics in your MBP or if it was something you did.

If it turns out something was defective with the machine causing the fire, Apple will certainly replace it. If it was a faulty circuit in your home which caused the fire, Apple will not repair or replace your MBP for free.

As far as making an insurance claim on your homeowner's insurance policy, unless your deductible is low or you have individual items scheduled, you may find that the machine is not covered.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks