View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by torbengb View Post
I do keep regular PC backups but I infrequently sync my iPhone, and that's what is biting me now. Believe me, I didn't wipe my computer for fun. And I wasn't prepared for it. Oh these are the joys of Windows. I was preparing to downgrade my PC from Vista to XP (actually install XP fresh on a new disk), but then the Vista drive died on me, just a day too soon.

Pretending the drive hadn't died: when I download apps directly on the iPhone, iTunes accepts these new apps into the iTunes backup and plays nice. This is what I want to achieve now, too.

I fail to understand why it won't work, since my iPhone is clearly mine and I'm signed into the app store on it using my Apple ID; and my iTunes on Windows is also logged into the app store using the same Apple ID; shouldn't this be enough verification for iTunes that I'm not stealing apps off of a pal's device? Why won't iTunes accept the iPhone apps just as it used to do?
Ooooh.... you have Windows. My sympathy. *smacks forehead*

You can re-download any app you've paid for off the iTunes Store w/o re-paying for it. They do keep track of it, believe it or not. Obviously any data created by the apps that you were looking to save won't get restored since that's saved in your iTunes Library, but the apps themselves are a simply matter of re-downloading. Just go through the process as if you were buying the app for the first time... you'll eventually get a notice that this is a free download.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks