View Single Post
torbengb

torbengb is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the link. I don't think it's what I am looking for though, because my situation is that I have downloaded apps directly to my iPhone that are not in my iTunes, and it is these applications' data I want to keep. I have not synced with iTunes since before I installed these apps, so my iTunes doesn't know about them.

I'm afraid that if I just download them from within iTunes and then sync, then iTunes will still (it warns me of this intention) first wipe my iPhone and then install the apps+audio+video ... but by then the app data will be gone.

I'm looking for a way to keep the app data. Perhaps jailbreaking is the only way to do that? I have deliberately not jailbroken my iPhone yet because I'm happy with it as it is, but this is a point to consider. I'll have to look into that, I guess. Thank you.

(I'm frankly a little disappointed of the software experience and -quality, but perhaps it's better on a mac than on Windows. But the iPhone works well enough as long as I don't sync and just use it by itself.)
QUOTE Thanks