View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

This may have more to do with the refilled cartridge you're using. (I'm assuming it's not the more expensive HP factory cartridge) If the software "thinks" the BW cartridge is empty, the result will be a mix of colors.

I have had similar problems with older HP DeskJet printers even in Windows but usually was able to implement a work around. I don't know of a work around for using the 940C with a refilled cartridge. TextEdit prints OK because it does not check ink levels.

One reason why I still keep an older model HP LaserJet around - for those fast grey scale or BW jobs I need to print. No fuss.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks