Member Since: May 20, 2008
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5
04-19-2009, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by pseradarian
That didn't occur to me, thanks.
Yet, do you think the video card would cause the computer to freeze?
Well...I can't say for sure. But when you plug in a 2nd monitor, and the Mac freezes up...assuming the monitor is fine...then the video card would be the next place to look.
I'm assuming that your G5 has 1 video card with two video ports on it.
If you had a 2nd video card you could test (by hooking up 2 monitors)...but I'm assuming you don't have a 2nd video card.
So you can either:
- work with just 1 monitor
- you could try going to the video card manufacturers website, and see if they have drivers that you could download & reinstall & see if that helps.
- try repairing "permissions". I do this first whenever I have a problem.
- get a 2nd video card...and hook your 2nd monitor up it (two video cards in your G5)
- buy another 2-port video card that hopefully works...and plug both monitors into it
- pay a computer tech. big bucks to figure out the problem
I hope this helps,