View Single Post
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefflesh View Post
1) Windows mobile had a task manager which allowed me to see which tasks were running in the background. I could close the tasks out to free up memory. Is this type of application necessary for the iPhone?
There is no task manager for the iPhone to monitor background applications. The iPhone does not allow apps to run in the background. So as soon as you press the home button the app stops running. It may be necessary to turn off and on your phone every once in a while if you believe it is acting slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefflesh View Post
2) The GPS software I had for my v6800 would show me the satellites in which I was connected to. The iPhone only seems to have google maps and I can not see if I am connected to any satellites. It seemed as if my accuracy was off by a large margin so I assume that the phone was only working off of cell towers. Is there an application that will show which satellites I am connected to and what my accuracy is?
The iPhone does not only work off the cell towers. It uses actual GPS along with the towers. As for an app showing which satellites, I have not seen one yet. Maybe someone will be able to point you to one if any are available.

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks