View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbreul View Post
I have tried4 different monitors with the same result. Yellow.
We're probably dealing with a system file somewhere that has been changed and we can't find it. There are several system files which depict display preference or have to do with the hardware setup. I would hate to start using a "shotgun" approach to deleting or moving them without knowing for sure which one was safe to do so.

Do you have a backup (Time Machine or otherwise) that you could use to restore the system to before you changed out the cable? Or perhaps restoring from backup would be inconvenient and would involve a loss of data?

My next suggestion is to contact Apple support if your machine is still under warranty or Apple care and run the problem by them. Perhaps someone there may know which file or files can be edited or removed to get things back to normal.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks