View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

You can check out the thread I put together where I documented my search for an external drive. While it's 2 yrs old now, think it's still pretty accurate except for the pricing and the size of drives available. You can scroll down to post # 11 for the results of multiple timed tests of USB vs FW.

Hard drive reviews - 500 GB w/FW 800

I have replaced my internal drive now with a 7200 rpm. Should probably post some more testing to see what effect that has on transfer speeds.

I will also say that 2 years later, I am still happy with my choice of the OWC enclosure. It has performed admirably well.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks