View Single Post
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb38 View Post
1. Is there an old version of Word or Office that I can buy that will work with 10.3.9?
Office 2004 runs fine on Panther (10.3) but will not open the Office 2008 formats unless you upgrade to Tiger.

Quote:
2. Can I do anything to my laptop (install more memory, etc.) to somehow bring the OS up to at least 10.4.9 which is the minimum for installing Office 2008?
Your machine will support either Tiger or Leopard, and either would probably cost you $130. I'd recommend you stick to Tiger on that machine.

Quote:
3. Someone advised me to forget MS Word and use Open Office instead. How cumbersome is this process?
Fairly, but it does have the advantage of being free.
QUOTE Thanks