View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Stopping an installation process after it's begun is always a bad idea. I have only seen bad things come of it.

I am pretty sure Quiara is correct and it has not deleted any of your data yet. But, as pointed out, it was in the middle of moving things around. Starting the install over again, your data may not be where it's expected to be any longer. Just sort of depends on where in the process it was stopped. That is the route I would go, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Yet again I see that Superduper! is well worth it's price. Having a bootable backup, you would just restart from your external drive, run Superduper! and have it backup to your internal drive and about 30-60 minutes later you're back where you started from.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks