View Single Post
meltbanana314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid6eek
The program works great. If you are having memory issues, that is a problem on your system, because it is not a widespread problem. Your mention if it is the first time I've hard of it, and my job is to support Microsoft based products at work.
There are about 30 Macs in the lab. All either eMacs or iMac G4s with 512MB RAM running 10.3. Repeat with 2 other tech classes I have/have had. They all have the same problem. Hardly a rare case in my view.

Quote:
The only part that I actually agree with you on is Powerpoint isn't very good. One part I disagree with you on is the fact that Mac Mail is a POS. No better than Outlook Express.
Well, Anand Shimpi seems to like it. (http://www.anandtech.com/mac/showdoc.aspx?i=2232&p=11) If anyone is a 'power user' - it's him. He's head of freakin Anandtech! Outlook Express is a buggy, insecure piece of ****. OS X Mail ain't half bad.

Quote:
In the future I would suggest you offer some more productive advice to people looking for information. I have found these forums to be very informative...the only real problem is the high number of severely Mac bias @ssholes in this place. You can be a Mac fan, and offer real advice at the same time.
You support Microsoft-based software at work, right? I can call bias on you as easily as you can call bias on me, however odd or ridiculous that sounds. You (in a way) get your paycheck from Microsoft making software, so why shouldn't you praise it? I am offering real advice based off my experiences.

And, in my experience: anything with the name "Microsoft" attached to it should probably be avoided. The only exception I've found is the Xbox, but I've had some problems with Xbox Live registration systems, so that's not even all peachy.
QUOTE Thanks