02-13-2005, 08:22 PM
1. I'd go with the PowerBook, but that's just personal preference.
2. Screen size is fine. My old 14" Compaq's screen is way inferior to the 12" on my PB. I don't know why anyone would carry around anything larger than a 12" laptop anyway.
3. No docking station, but you really don't need one anyway.
4. In my opinion, no. I hate all Microsoft products (except for the Xbox, but even that has its own problems.) If you are going to do spreadsheets, then go with Office because it has Excel. But if you aren't, then get Apple's iWork because from what I've seen, it's superior in a lot of ways.
5. It's not mirror like, at least not to me. I don't get a lot of glare when using it.
6. Apple has a very good Java and C++ IDE called XCode, try it out.
7. Buying cheap RAM anywhere is risky. I'd go for the good stuff like Crucial, Apples seem to like that best. Some people have reported problems with cheaper RAM in PBs and iBooks.
8. I don't know, because I can't even fill up my 60GB drive, and I think that's extreme overkill.