View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

You can certainly physically move the HDD from your 15" to your 17" MBP but you're talking about a lot of work and possibly damaging either machine in the process.

What I suggest you do is this:

Purchase a cloning program - either SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner. Clone (copy) the contents of your 15" HDD to an external USB or FW drive. Either program will render the external bootable.

Attach the external (clone of 15") to your new 17" MBP. Boot from the external drive, and clone its contents to the 17" HDD. You might also wish to use the program to copy the contents of the 17" HDD to another drive if there's something on it you wish to keep.

Just one way of doing it. I'm sure someone else can provide additional suggestions other than physically moving the drives.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks