Member Since: May 24, 2007
Location: Bolton, England
Mac Specs: Imac 24" 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
02-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by Aptmunich
Finally you can also piggyback off your intel Mac's optical drive:
1. Connect the two Macs with a firewire cable (if you don't have one, they're cheaper than a new external drive
2. Pop the Tiger DVD in the intel Mac and reboot it holding down the "T" key.
3. Boot the G4 and hold down the option key.
The DVD should show up on the G4 and you can install Tiger off the intel Mac's DVD drive over the firewire connection.
Thanks for this, but just a few questions as you are dealing with someone who can work on a mac, but is a bit of a thicko about technical bits. Think of this thread as Installation For Dummies 1.0
1. OK with this bit
2. reboot it holding down the "T" key.
Do you mean clicking on Restart & will this do anything to the contents of my Intel mac. What does holding down the "T" do?
3. Do I have to do this at the same time as my Intel Mac?
Also thanks to louishen, but I don't think the drive in it is the original, and unfortunately I don't actually understand much of the rest that he's written (I did say I'm a bit of a technical dumdum. Doh!)
Thanks for any help
Be ALERT......the world needs more Lerts!