View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

My experience with upgrading the RAM is that OS X will use RAM vs Virtual Memory based on what you have available for it. For 2 yrs, never used more than about 1.5 GB out of the 2 GB I had. My MBP can only use 3GB, and since upgrading, I am consistently seeing it use 2 - 2.5 GB running the same software as before.

Personally, best bang for the buck right now for you folks requiring DDR3 though, would have to be an upgrade from a 5400 to a 7200 RPM drive. This upgrade cut my boot time in half (among other things) and you can get a 320 GB 7200 RPM drive for about the same price as a 4GB kit of DDR3.

But, as True Bassist said, it really depends on what you're doing on your computer. A bunch of digital video/image manipulation, would go for the memory also.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks