View Single Post
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb View Post
That was the same worry that people had when we created the MoTM program, but we've worked hard not to allow that to happen and I think it's been successful. We'll do the same here.
Allow me to play the devils advocate here:

I can see that, but the MOTM program is not voluntary, others nominate you and you really have no say (I suppose you could decline). This involves money and is therefore completely different. When people plonk down their cash they expect perks for it, especially when charging for something that is, basically, otherwise free.

As an example, if I pay my $25 and then get suspended because I talked about file sharing or how to rip commercial DVDs, do I get a refund? I ask this because I have been gigged, and almost suspended, for things that I think were questionable enforcement of the rules in the past. If I start paying you money for the maintenance, upgrades or whatever of the site, I expect something solid in return, not just extra message space and a pretty badge. Where is the incentive? A private forum?

QUOTE Thanks