01-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Since i love to cook so much, I figured a specific thread that would help everyone by expanding their recipe collection would fit nicely as my first thread. I searched to see if this had already been done, but didn't find anything.
1 boston butt 5-6 lbs
any pork rub
guacamole or fresh avocado
1. Chop the butt down into manageable pieces, I like them a little larger, about the size of a stick of butter
2. Rub down the pork pieces, and either roast covered in the oven at low heat for 2-3 hours, or smoke on the grill for a few hours, until they fall apart when pulling with a fork.
3. Make some pico de gallo, by dicing onion and tomato and cilantro. Its good to let this mixture sit a few hours to let the flavors combine.
4. Heat up your beans.
5. Serve with the rest of the ingredients.
6. You can add or remove whatever, its up to you.