Thread: Battery issue?
View Single Post
flowrider

flowrider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini i7, MBP 2.2GHz, Hackintosh (retired)

Very nice Floyd!
Since in Canada we only have 2 corporate Apple stores I called the toll free number instead. The support person I had said that it was out of warranty and my only option was to purchase a new one. I said I had no problem with that if I had abused it or used it to the end of it's life. I mentioned the 196 cycles, random shutdowns, low mAh and said that it's just not right that it only lasts that long. I mentioned that I've had PC laptops in the past whose batteries have lasted much longer. I was then put on hold again and when she got back on she said there's nothing they could do.

I then asked for second level support. After getting some info I was put on hold again for 10 minutes and when she came back she said she spoke to someone else and they are now sending me a new battery as well!! So 40 minutes on my cell phone was well worth saving $200 (in Canada) for a new battery.

In the end I'm happy but it does take a lot of persistence. I just kept reiterating that I have no problem paying but it was an obvious defect and I should not have to replace it.
QUOTE Thanks