View Single Post
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

I had to choose "Other" for the simple fact that I wouldn't make the trip at all.

If the person lives that far away, the chances of me really knowing them all that well are slim.
Sure, an visit would offer an opportunity for me to get to know that person better, but what happens when the visit is over?
I go back home and the person is still hundreds of miles away.

In my opinion, people that invite others to make that trip... or make that trip themselves... are more often than not desperate for attention and affection. It is extremely flattering to find out that someone is so smitten with you that they would invite you to make such a journey. It is so flattering that you would be seriously tempted to make the trek.
However, making a trip like that is simply a bad idea.
Even if things go well and the two people decide to start an LDR, the chances of that relationship lasting for any real length of time is dodgy at best. Sure, there is always the 'option' for one of you to move closer to the other, but again... the likelihood of that happening is rare.
I'm not saying that it can't happen or that it hasn't happened for some... it's just that the viability of such a thing transpiring is next to nil.

If I was a parent and the person contemplating on making the trip was my child (who lived under my roof), then I wouldn't allow them to make the trip period. My house, my rules. I'm the parent and they're the child. I wouldn't care how old they were. If they're old enough to make decisions like that, then they are old enough to move out and get their own place... and if they were short on gas money, then that would be even more of a reason for me to forbid such a thing. It just doesn't make any good sense to make a trip like that when:
1. You haven't known the person for very long
2. You likely won't have the chance to visit them often
3. You're short on funds to make a drive that far anyway

Hey, it's a big world out there.
If you can find someone you find interesting and/or interested in you... and the person lives that far away, then you can definitely find someone just as interested in you who lives closer, even in your own city, town, state, etc. All you have to do is be patient.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks