View Single Post
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stedin View Post
hmm yeah. I looked at that but its got a 3 star review and apparently that adapter isn't compatible with TV's over 30" from the comments I've read. Kinda confused which methods would work.
Most user comments about these sort of things is rather useless as more often than not the problem resides with the user and not the adapter.

That TV is capable of a 1920x1080 resolution. VGA is more than capable of handling such a resolution. As for screen size, I've hooked up my Macbook with a VGA cable to a 50" plasma and a 37" LCD TV, both times working perfectly. My friend hooks up his new aluminum Macbook to his 52" plasma, and his too works great. It should pretty much be plug and play, no fiddling around necessary unless you wish to mirror the main screen, in which case a single setting is all that needs to be changed.

If you're still worried about using a VGA cable, then you could try Eric559's method of a mini Display Port to DVI and either a DVI to HDMI adapter or a DVI to HDMI cable. However, I should warn you that people have experienced issues using this method, resulting in more troubleshooting than the setup is worth. If you wait a while, Apple announced that it was releasing a mini Display Port to HDMI cable, which would ultimately be the ideal connector.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks