View Single Post
Staszek

Staszek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
If what you really want is a MacBook Pro, then yes, this would be a waste of money for you. I also considered doing something similar to test the waters before switching, but then I figured, the Macs hold onto their resale value so well that if I didn't like it, I could probably sell it and only lose a couple hundred dollars at most. Alternatively, I figured I could always just put XP on it and use it as a very nice looking Windows notebook.

The Mini is a decent enough machine, but since you're looking at a notebook, my guess is you really need something portable. So, just go with the MacBook Pro and be done with it.
I agree with you but I think that even though I am testing the waters with the Mini, I will absolutely use it after I get the macbook, most likely as part of my home theater setup, probably even more so and link it into my entire house in other capacities.

I definitely want the portability but even then I sit in my office a lot in my nice big chair and desk lol so I also need a desktop.

I guess I will have to see what the real specs are on the new Mini before I make any decisions, just that little cube looks so cool lol.
QUOTE Thanks