View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by naujoks View Post
Thank you very much, I just tried the eject button again, although I had tried it before. But I guess I didn't hit it at the right moment in time or something.
Anyway, the DVD is out, looks ok though. Might be the drive then. Are these known to be a bit dodgy? The machine is not that old, less than 1 1/2 years. Easy to replace yourself?

MacOS doesn't boot up from HDD - guess that install is shot...

Thanks for the help!
Cool.

It wouldn't be unheard of to get a bad disc from the factory, then again, I've already had a defective SuperDrive in a fairly new MacBook Pro. So, it could go either way.

If a friend has an external DVD drive that you could borrow, that would be ideal. If you're otherwise convinced that it's a bad internal drive, you can see replacement instructions out on ifixit.com.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks