View Single Post
satrop

Welcome "JM Photography". I thougt I would add my 2¢. I am a web designer and at work I am on the 24" iMac, which works well for what I'm doing. But at home I have my amazing Mac Pro. And I do lots of design work on it, much more "heavy" work that at "work". I have 5GB of RAM and it does the job, I also upgraded the VGA card to a ATI x1900xt. The iMac will do what you need and to be fair it would work for me to. The reason I went for the Pro and shelling out LOADS more money for it, is that you can upgrade, yes you can upgrade the iMac, but unless you live next to the Apple store it can be a pain to take your iMac in for a simple upgrade of the VGA card. With the pro you order the part online, it comes to your door and your done. I'm toying with the thought of upgrading the CPU on my Pro. Again it would be just a hassel to take my Mac to a store to get them to do it.

If I was you wait until Mac World and see what God... er, sorry Job's has to say, you never know they might add a thought recognize thingy meur jib that will tell you, you need to change your socks? Or that they might have new 64Bit in the new Pro's, I'm hoping for the thought thingy!

BUt if you still want it on the books for 2008??? I'll leave you to do the math on that one.
QUOTE Thanks