View Single Post
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
The US Carhartts are $7 more than the Hecho en Mexico ones.
I had a man come into my work to buy batteries, and he picked up a container of Eveready AA's, and goes on this tirade about how they weren't an American company and blah blah blah.

I asked for his reasoning behind this thought, and he said "Because the label says 'Made in USA for:/Hecho en USA por:'" thinking that "Hecho en USA por" was the company.

I attempted to explain that the label is bilingual due to some California laws about product labeling (not sure if it's true but totally worth a shot), and yet he continued to insist that he was correct.

It eventually broke down into me yelling "SIR THE NAME OF THE COMPANY IS EVEREADY AND THE BATTERIES ARE MADE IN THE USA IT'S A BILINGUAL LABEL AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT GO READ ALL THE OTHER PACKAGES OF BATTERIES HERE AND ANY OTHER STORE YOU MAY GO TO THE RESULTS WILL SURPRISE YOU."

He felt insulted and walked out.

It just surprises me how dumb some people are.

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009