View Single Post
skye

skye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really nice
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViriiGuy View Post
Your computer may be running "fine" on 450W, But your PS is extremely over taxed. Now, the difference in survival and sinkage, in such a case is the quality of your power supply. If you have a cheapo generic PS, chances are the extra strain you are putting on it will likely burn it out eventually and MAY take other component with it, or you may see system instability. Now if you have a higher end PS, like a Thermal Take or something along those lines, then sure you will be fine over taxing it. But just because it runs "fine" does not mean it is fine.

I have built, fixed and managed PCs for around 20 years and I build just about every high end gaming rig that this county sees. So while you may or may not agree with me, I do know what I am talking about You really SHOULD have a bigger power supply. You gear will run better, longer and safer.
In essence you are saying, "You should spend more money because its better" and then listing how it is better, which I agree with. But I am saying that the box for both MOBO and Vid card said that my PSU was fine, and all the benchmarks, and temp tests I run agree with that. Also, I run this sucker 24/7, and its been a good 6 months, if there was going to be instability I imagine I would see it.

My roommate has run either an 8800 or a 9800 with the same processor I have on a 500W for over a year...

Blog- My random musings as I document the spiritual changes I go through.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1st Corinithians 3:13
QUOTE Thanks