View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbOOm View Post
I read on forums all over the place that Mac users do indeed regularly use right click capability. Why hasn't Apple given us a right click button? It won't make a Mac "look bad" or "less sleek". It will make it more usable! Having to press Control and the mouse button for a right click is ridiculous!

Mac didn't have a right click button since day one. Apple advances all kinds of technology, but when someone else comes up with something better, like the right click functionality, Apple refuses to incorporate it into its basic design. One mouse button is old technology. The right click button is a must.

I think it's safe to say that if it were to be added to the Mac line-up, a gushing flow of PCers would finally switch to Mac. It stopped me for ages, until I had enough with Window Vista.
I bought my first Mac, a Powerbook, 6 years ago, and initially I was a little annoyed at the lack of a right-click button. But I adapted quickly and eventually it stopped bothering me. In fact, the whole idea that it cold be a deal killer seemed rather silly in retrospect.

Flash forward 3 years, and I'm using my wife's Dell laptop. I was constantly hitting the right-click button by mistake and man it was pissing me off. It was at that time that I fully realized and accepted the simplicity of the design of Apple's laptops.

Flash forward another 3 years and I have the new Macbook Pro with the multi-touch trackpad. It's nothing short of sheer genius and the usability of this trackpad far exceeds anything else out there. You can left-click, right-click, and scroll all with one button, which is the pad itself.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks