View Single Post
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj6jaguar1985 View Post
I had a cockatoo I adopted from an abusive household. I couldn't bear to keep her any longer after a year of hearing "WAKE THE (expletive) UP YOU (expletive, expletive) BIRD."
I couldn't wean the cockatoo off of saying it. Apparently 15 years in a household like that was too much for the bird.
Sad....

Even the African Grey I have -
He was originally my mother's bird, but my stepfather is a sick sadistic.....Yeah...I'll stop there...
Sometimes I catch Bailey, my African Grey saying "Shut the (expletive) up you stupid (expletive) bird!"
He's stopped saying things like that almost all together, he does it very, very, very rarely nowadays.
While I agree with you Derek, I would say only adopt a Bird if you're ready to take on all of the bird's extra baggage that comes along with him/her.

But think of this Derek, it is very hard for a parrot to learn words, etc on only one time...So...Yeah...You know where I'm going with that...
Hopefully you can wean him off of repeating such a horrible event.
We've kinda had him since 1992. We've been trying to get him to stop, and it just doesn't want to happen.

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks