View Single Post
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyaballikl View Post
My 13" Macbook's fans are running at 6,000 rpms, full time after one minute of use. I've got Istat running, and the cpu thermometer reads over 170 degrees all the time, and the rest of them don't even reach 140. ...
The only thing left that I can think of is that the thermometer on the cpu itself has gone south. Is this a common problem? Is it fixable? Any other ideas as to what the problem could be? Thanks all.
The problem isn't your MacBook.
iStat is not the most reliable method for detecting temps or fan speeds, etc. It is okay for a general idea of things, but it is often inaccurate or just plain wrong with its measurements.
This is proven by your next statement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyaballikl View Post
wow, talk about weird. all the sudden, my cpu is running at 10% and the temp is down to 106 degrees. problem solved, for now.
Bottom line, don't pay too much attention to these things.
If there was a major problem, you would know it without a software monitoring app.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks