View Single Post
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

One thing you might not like to hear but I will warn you anyway just in case. Converting from MP3 to AAC is converting from one lossy format to another and you will have even more loss. I know it's a PAIN to rip them all over again, but if you want the best quality of sound I would do it that way.

If you still want to convert all your MP3's to AAC at least do it to a higher bitrate AAC for minimum loss.

What I would do is make sure the import settings on iTunes are set to AAC and whatever bitrate you want, select all the songs that are MP3 and right click. Select Convert Selected to AAC and walk away. Only other thing is after they are all converted you will have to highlight all the MP3's and right click and hit delete.

There might be a way with a script in AppleScript. I will leave that to someone else as I really don't work much with it. Also you might be able to make an Automater Action that would do it all then zap all the MP3's.
QUOTE Thanks