View Single Post
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

I will admit that I actually LIKE to use XP at work. It's because it's familiar and I am so use to it. Obviously, I'd rather run OS X, but that won't happen where I work. That aside, Vista did not run very well for me on Bootcamp or on Parallels while XP seems to putter along just fine on both. I have no hatred of Vista. I just choose to use what works and in my case it does not work well. For Office 2008 - I have it installed on my Parallels XP mostly because I received it for free from work and figured that inevitably someone will send me something important in .docx format some day. The usabilty of Office 2008 seems to better thought out that Vista was. The buttons are in different places, but seem to do the same thing. Vista has different buttons in different places doing different things so it is less of a reorganization of existing things (like Office 2008) and more of a messy pile I don't have the inclination to mess with. Bottom line is I use the tool that gets the job done well with the least amount of trouble. From what I have observed, Office 2008 seems to have achieved this (from my LIMITED exposure) while Vista did not. Perhaps this is part of the reason that Office is producing more positive energy for MS than Vista.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks