View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
And what interfaces are those? USB 2? Be serious. And there are MANY who can not afford a Macbook Pro Including ME. You telling me to go back to Vista? Since I am a mod here I will hold back a bit but that will be the day when someone tells me what OS to run.

USB 3 might be very nice but I do not see anything but USB 2.0 in a new Macbook and USB 2.0 is very slow with file transfer to and from an external HDD.

Floppy drives? That is not even a fair thing to compare this to at all.
There's also a fair number of people who can't even afford the "new" MacBook. The Pro is only $800 more as it is. I realize that can be a tidy sum for some people. If you gotta have the firewire, then buy the "old" MacBook. Apple is selling those still, and for less than the "new" one. I don't see how Apple is obligated to make sure everyone who wants the new models can also have everything they want in it at the entry level. The new MacBook as is will suffice for quite a lot of people. I'd be OK with it myself if not for the 13" screen. Rather than fuss how they don't have a 15" option for the MacBook, I'm just going Pro. Not an easy extra $800 for me either, but it's that or suffer the smaller screen.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks