Thread: New to Apple
View Single Post
Nevermore

Nevermore is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4GHz 320GB 4GB Ram ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB memory

Fairly new myself so will wait for knowledgeable people to provide particulars but there are a couple of ways to run Windows on your mac. Caution: you must have a valid Windows OS if you are going to run Parallels. I got deked in by this one as my XP copy was not Service Pack whatever and I gave up when I figured out I would have to buy XP again. You can't just use XP and then upgrade Service Packs via web. Sigh. Cost of Parallels in the toilet. I am not sure about FusionWare or BootCamp but someone will know (I just gave up and decided to live in the land of the mac.)

To figure out your system, because they (the knowledgeable ones) are going to want to know, go to the apple icon top left and click on "about this mac".

There is a way to right click your apple mouse. You can also run what I call a "normal" mouse (yikes, probably shouldn't say that here with no problems if you find the "lift index finger in order to right click" a boondoggle. Again, I am sure those that know will help you soon.
QUOTE Thanks